22 November 2010

hello.

How I expect to write a blog when I'm already having writer's block is beyond me...but that's beside the point. It's the year 2010 and I'm only joining the blogging bandwagon now. I've always written in journals, but never had an inclination to air my laundry - clean or dirty - in public via the internet.  I'm a very outgoing person, who admittedly loves attention and seldom cares about what other people think, but do I really want my "dear diary" entries to be seen by anyone and everyone who has access to the infamous world wide web? Hardly.

Ironically, I love reading other people's blogs - even if I'm not friends with the "blogger." There are many times while I'm reading a blog and I think to myself, "why the hell am I reading this blog?! I don't even like this person! Not to mention the fact that I have about ten million other things I could, or more likely, need to be doing!" The truth is, regardless of whether I like the person or not, I love reading. I often find blogs to be quite interesting and entertaining, and maybe, just maybe, educational. Moreover, I love to write. So of course, being the obsessive analytical person that I am, I ask myself, if other people are so quick to "air their laundry in public," why have I shied away from it for so long? Especially when blogging will actually force me to be a better writer.

So here I am, sitting on my couch, watching Monday Night Football (after Dancing with the Stars, of course), with my box of Puffs Plus with Lotion next to me ready to nurse my swollen nose upon my next sneeze (I've been blessed with a horrendous cold), talking to one of my best friends via gchat, and attempting to start a blog that I will hopefully be loyal to. 

This is my life. unwoven.

ps. Happy Birthday, Mikey!

No comments:

Post a Comment